For the first time LeWeb, the biggest web conference in Europe, will take place during 3 days, in Paris , on december 7-8-9th.
This year the theme is SOLOMO for Social-Local-Mobile. You will find the detailled program at the end of this post.
Loic and Geraldine Le Meur have heard our suggestions from last year and have extended LeWeb from 2 to 3 days. And if you look closely at the figures, you can guess why you’ll need 3 days to fully take advantage of this great conference.
- With 3000 attendees awaited from 60 countries, you’ll have too many opportunities to network! So come prepared. You can register with Presdo to organise your schedule well ahead of time.
- With 50 partners and exhibitors, you’ll be in the know of everything that’s going on around tech and Solomo.
- With 68 speakers on the main stage, you might have enough to be inspired for the entire year 2012.
- With the 20 speakers on the Social Enterprise Track, you’ll get a different perspective on enterprise.
- With 16 startups in competition*, chosen among 600 participants, you’ll discover the best of mobile application. Plus you’ll be able to vote for your favorite.
- The 15 juges for the startups competition are amazing entrepreneurs, this is your chance to meet them.
- With 80 Official Bloggers (twitter list here), the blog and media coverage will be huge. Don’t be shy.
- This year, IBM is platinum partner and Delphine Remy-Boutan has already announced the presence of Watson (more on this later).
Don’t miss LeWeb’11!
If you have already attended the conference you know that it’s the best event of the year in Europe. And if you haven’t, you should buy your ticket before it’s sold out.
You can still register here. There are special rates for startups and independent developpers.
See you there? You can follow me on twitter @mrufo
* Startups competition finalists:
23minutes.to http://www.23minutes.to U.S.A.
Apila http://www.apila.fr France
ARNav http://arnav.eu Poland
Babelverse http://babelverse.com Chile
Beintoo http://www.beintoo.com Italy
ClearKarma http://clearkarma.com Austria
Commerces & Co http://www.commercesandco.com France
Compath.me http://www.compath.me/ Japan
Echo Labs Limited http://www.echoer.com Hong Kong
Flagfriend http://flagfriend.com France
Gauss http://getGauss.com Germany
Geokiwi http://www.geokiwi.com France
HeyCrowd http://www.heycrowd.com France
inZair http://www.inzair.com Switzerland
RadikHub http://www.joinradikhub.com/ India
staround http://www.staround.me France
LEWEB’11 PROGRAM (as of nov. 20th)
DAY 1 – DEC 7, 2011 – PLENARY ROOM – PULLMAN BUILDING (Subject to change)
08h30 Doors open, Registration, networking time with partners. Welcome Buffet Breakfast, sponsored by Cotty Vivant Marchisio & Lauzeral – Law Firm
10h00 Surprise Performance
10h10 Opening remarks. Geraldine & Loïc Le Meur, LeWeb Founders
10h30 Special Guest
11h05 Dave Morin, Co-Founder & CEO, Path
11h30 Mobile demo: Klaas Kersting, Founder & CEO flaregames
11h35 Brian Chesky, Co-Founder & CEO, Airbnb
11h55 Mike McCue, CEO, Flipboard
12h15 Kevin Systrom, CEO, Instagram
12h35 Kevin Rose, Co-Founder & CEO, Milk
12h55 Mobile Demo: Jens Begemann, CEO, Wooga
13h00 LUNCH BREAK
14h30 Mobile Demo: Leah Busque, Founder & Product Officer,TaskRabbit
14h35 Mobile Demo : To be announced
14h40 Joanna Shields, VP & Managing Director EMEA, Facebook
15h00 Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman, Google
15h45 Allen Blue, Co-Founder & Vice President of Product Management, LinkedIn
16h05 Axel Dauchez, CEO, Deezer
16h25 Bill Gross, Founder & CEO, Idealab “Learning From Failure: 20 Years of Entrepreneurial Lessons in 20 Minutes”
16h45 Dennis Crowley, Co-Founder & CEO, Foursquare
16h55 George Whitesides, CEO, Virgin Galactic
17h20 Closing remarks
DAY 2 – DEC 8, 2011 – PLENARY ROOM – PULLMAN BUILDING (Subject to changes)
08h00 Welcome Buffet Breakfast
09h00 Opening remarks, Geraldine & Loïc Le Meur, LeWeb Founders
09h10 Money Panel. Moderated by: Jonathan Goodwin, J Goodwin & Co LLP
• Jeff Clavier, Founder & Managing Partner, SoftTech VC
• Harry Nelis, Partner, Accel Partners
• Danny Rimer, Partner, Index Ventures
• Eric Archambeau, General Partner, Wellington Partners
09h40 To be announced
10h00 Ryan Sarver, Director of Platform, Twitter & MG Siegler, Crunchfund
10h20 Phil Libin, CEO, Evernote
10h40 Chris Capossela, SVP, Consumer Channels & Central Marketing Group, Microsoft Corporation
11h00 Carmine Gallo, Author, 7 Principles of Innovation based on the “Innovation Secrets of Steve Jobs.”
11h25 Marissa Mayer, VP, Product Management, Google & Michael Arrington, General Partner, CrunchFund
11h50 George Colony, Chairman & CEO, Forrester Research , “Three Social Thunderstorms”
12h10 How is Social Local Mobile changing enterprise. Moderated by:
Nigel Beck, Vice President, Business Development and M&A Social Software, IBM Corporation
• Auren Hoffman, CEO, Rapleaf
• JP Rangaswami, Chief Scientist, Salesforce.com
12h40 Jeremiah Owyang, Partner, Altimeter Group
13h00 LUNCH BREAK
14h30 Marco Tempest, Cyber Illusionist, Adventurer, Scientist, Dreamer,The Virtual Magician
15h05 Joseph Tame, Tokyo based Digital Media Producer, Inventor, Marathon Runner
15h15 Ariel Garten, Co-Founder & CEO, Interaxon . Connect your computer to your brain update
15h35 Deb Roy, Co-Founder & CEO, Bluefin Labs
16h05 Hosain Rahman, Founder & CEO, Jawbone & Yves Behar, Founder, Fuseproject. Moderated by Om Malik, Founder, GigaOM
16h30 Mobile demo: Danil Kozyatnikov, Founder & CEO, Questli
16h35 Niklas Zennstrom, Founding Partner & CEO, Atomico
16h55 How is social local mobile changing media. Moderated by:
Paul-François Fournier, Executive Vice President, Orange Technocentre
• Gabe Rivera, Founder & CEO, Techmeme
• Bruno Patino, Senior Executive Vice President, Strategy & Digital & Director, France Télévisions Group & France 5
• Brad Garlinghouse, President, Consumer Applications & Commerce Group, AOL
17h25 Ignite 5 minutes talks from LeWeb participants, Jared Goralnick, Ignite at LeWeb Host
18h25 Closing remarks Loic & Geraldine
10h00 pm to 2h00 am LeWeb’11 Official Party by DEEZER. Caroussel du Louvre – 99 Rue de Rivoli
Paris Metro: Palais Royal Musee du Louvre. LeWeb Badge & Wristband required
DAY 3 – DEC 9, 2011 – PLENARY ROOM – PULLMAN BUILDING (Subject to changes)
08h00 Welcome Buffet Breakfast
09h00 Opening remarks. Geraldine & Loïc Le Meur, LeWeb Founders
09h05 Yossi Vardi , Pioneer, Investor & Entrepreneur
09h15 How european Goverments support startup ecosystems. Moderated by:
• Nicolas Princen, Adv. New Media & IT – Elysée- Office of President Sarkozy
• Eric Van der Kleij, CEO, Tech City Investment Organisation
09h35 Matthew Mengerink, Vice President and General Manager of Platform , eBay
& Robert Scoble, American Blogger, Technical Evangelist and Author,Rackspace
09h55 Nick Bilton, New York Times
10h15 Kiran Bellubbi, Founder & CEO, 955 Dreams
10h35 To be announced
10h55 Daniel Ek, Co-Founder & CEO, Spotify
11h15 Sean Parker, General Partner, Founders Fund & Shervin Pishevar, Managing Director, Menlo Ventures
11h45 Fernando Madeira, Co-Founder & CEO, Terra Latin, America Latin America update
12h05 Fabrice Grinda, Internet Entrepreneur, angel investor,Co-CEO, OLX
“The Trials and Tribulations of Angel Investing in Brazil, Russia and around the world!”
12h25 Mobile demo: Étienne Mineur, Co-Founder, Les Editions Volumiques
12h30 Mobile demo: Jason Jacobs, Founder & CEO, Runkeeper
12h35 Mobile demo: Ouriel Ohayon, Co-Founder, AppsFire
12h40 Carlos Tavares, Chief Operating Officer, Renault
13h00 LUNCH BREAK
14h30 To be announced
15h00 Start-Up Competition Finalist Demos & Awards Ceremony
Featuring All-Star Judges:
• Jean-David Blanc, Entrepreneur & Business Angel, Founder of AlloCine
• Jacques-Antoine Granjon, Founder & CEO, vente-privee.com
• Brent Hoberman, Co-Founder, PROfounders Capital & Founder & Executive Chairman, mydeco
• Pierre Kosciuscko Morizet, Co-Founder & CEO, PriceMinister & Co-Founder of ISAI, The French Entrepreneurs’ Fund.
• Xavier Niel, Founder of the Iliad Group, Free’s parent company; Vice‐President and Director of Strategy, Iliad
• Marc Simoncini, Founder & CEO, MEETIC
15h00 Competition Overview, Chris Shipley, Guidewire Group
15h05 3 finalist companies do a 6 minute demo & 5 min Q&A w/ judges
15h40 Presentation of Awards
15h45 People Choice Award presented by Google
15h50 Closing remarks. Geraldine & Loïc Le Meur, LeWeb Founders